Graduate of Leeds University - Bachelor’s Degree - (1989)
Reading University - Attained Qualified Teacher Status, Q.T.S. (1993)
Earned Member of Mensa, 1993
Current Position - 750+ Employee Law Firm
October 2008 - Present
WEB DESIGNER/FRONT END DEVELOPER/ADMIN/SEO .NET TEAM
- Design and maintain modern websites utilizing clean, standards compliant, production ready, reusable code.
- Contributed as a Front End Developer alongside two back end developers for the company responsive website redesign.
- Content Strategy, Editing, Proofing and Quality Control.
- Instrumental in researching, recommending and adopting the Sitefinity CMS.
- Improved business intelligence reporting through leading a firmwide adoption of PowerBI.
- Development of jQuery solution for website services page.
- Researched and implemented system for efficiently and effectively creating event registration/reporting pages in Sitefinity.
- Researched and implemented efficient system for reporting website spelling errors and broken links using Siteimprove analytics tools.
- Responsible for website cross-browser compatibility testing and code updates.
- Improved efficiency of interdepartmental workflow for creation of email marketing pieces.
- Migration of static intranet content from Microsoft CMS to SharePoint 2007.
- Designer for migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010.
- SharePoint 2007/2010 webpart styling.
- Implemented and maintained SharePoint team sites throughout the company taking into consideration the unique needs of individual departments.
- Designs, develops and supports various Internet, Extranet, and Intranet web sites.
- End user and administrator training and support for SharePoint 2007/2010/2013 and SharePoint Online.
- Created a wide variety of end user documentation for both intranet and internet end users and administrators.
- Participates in determining how to achieve business objectives, defining requirements and developing plans to deploy suitable web projects.
- Designs sites and features utilizing usability best practices.
- Participates in the creation of web development and deployment standards and guidelines.
- Created "style guide" to encourage adoption of firm approved design standards across a team of developers and projects.
- Plans for easy maintenance of data, and employs methods of deploying websites that require as little repetitive work as possible, or designed so that less experienced people can maintain the information.
- While undergoing the design process, prepares to discuss technical details to technical and non-technical people verbally and in written form.
- Participates in investigation, analysis, evaluation and communication of pros and cons of current and future technologies.
- Provides content development and management as directed using Microsoft Content Management Server and other related tools. Trains departmental content developers as needed.
- Ensures appropriate written documentation is created and maintained to allow others to keep systems operational in the absence of a web administrator.
- Created approximately two email marketing pieces per week.
- Worked with internal clients in the establishment of guidelines for the production of email marketing pieces.
- Respond to daily I.T. support requests from all internal departments.
- Assisted developers in the implementation of intranet functionality using Expression Blend/Silverlight.
- Reported back to departmental heads on intranet site usage using ControlPoint software.
- SharePoint user administration.
- Work with outside vendors and suppliers as necessary.
- Website validation to WC3 standards.
- Performs the duties of project leader when directed by management.
- Composed Corporate Search Engine Optimization Strategy.
- Responsible for implementing Search Engine Optimization tools and techniques.
- Responsible for extensive online competitor analysis.
- Management of Google Search Console and Google Analytics accounts.
- Production of in-depth SEO reports regarding both on-page and off-page SEO factors and competitive comparison.
- Trained and researched new technologies off hours to ensure and maintain the highest possible standards of work in all areas necessary including SharePoint 2007 SharePoint 2010, Sitefinity, the Expression suite of products, Google analytics, SEO and others. Setup SharePoint site on home network. Built a SharePoint 2010 server from scratch on a virtual machine at home.
- Migration of SharePoint sites across servers using Quest Migration Software.
Washington University School of Law
October 2007 - September 2008
PHP MYSQL WEB DEVELOPER
Responsible for designing and developing websites to support empirical research in law for a variety of internal clients usually consisting of law professors and doctoral students. Development also included the production of a full-scale pre-trip and registration website for a legal conference with 200 attendees complete with full administrative back end.
- Develops small and large-scale websites from concept to completion using PHP and MySQL with a focus on producing beautiful and elegant code.
- Conversion of existing websites into modern updated web applications.
- Database design and implementation.
- Act as client contact for website stakeholders.
- Designs and implements MySQL databases to support the dynamic database applications developed by the department using PhpMyAdmin, Navi cat and CocoaMySql following the rules of normalization.
- Support and maintain databases on development, test and production servers including deployment and backup.
- Establishment of personal code base and development of code research skills.
- Demonstrated high level problem solving skills and analytical thinking.
- Websites developed on the Macintosh platform using MAMP.
Technical Environment: MAMP, PHP, MySQL, Dreamweaver CS3, Coda, PhpMyAdmin, Navicat, Cornerstone - GUI for subversion versioning software, CocoaMySql, Transmit FTP software, MS Visio, Parallels Desktop, Photoshop CS3, MS Office 2004 Mac, Fireworks CS3, Acrobat Pro 8, BBedit, Firefox developer toolbar, WC3 validation.
November 2006 - July 2007
WEB ARCHITECT - CTS DEPARTMENT
Responsible for designing and developing up to 50 custom websites per year to support international group travel programs including gathering pre-trip information schedules and itineraries from the client and designing a custom registration procedure for each individual program including the agreement and finalization of complex rules for the presentation of data depending on various categories or participant. Lead a team of creative professionals including HTML coders, graphic designers and developers. Responsible for producing functional specification document detailing each website for signoff by the client prior to commencement of a project. Responsible for accurate budget projections and financial management of each project throughout the lifecycle of the project up to and including final billing reconciliation. Lead a group debrief session two weeks after the live date of each project.
- Managed assigned MTC systems/application projects, which included developing and managing project budgets, time lines, requirements documents and change management along with leading the project development team. This process was managed using a wide variety of internal Maritz tools such as Impact, Teamworks and custom built databases.
- Worked with product group staff and programming staff to develop creative design solutions that meet scheduling requirements; develop alternatives as required.
- Directed and participated in requirements gathering, definition and design of assigned projects. Conducted requirements gathering meetings with client, Operations and Attendee Management. Conducted meetings to develop the appropriate solution. Participated in presentation of requirements documents to obtain client buy-in and approval, if required.
- Directed the programming, testing and implementation of assigned projects, which included conducting meetings with development and testing team members to review all requirements and communicate the required budget and timeline.
- Coordinated interface design and testing activities requiring efforts of other staff within and external to the department, such as development of graphics, etc.
- Kept abreast of developments in human factors engineering and software design, developments in software operating systems and technologies affecting human-computer interaction, and competitive developments in software interface design.
- Managed a creative team in the design, construction and implementation of registration and promotional websites for fortune 500 companies.
- Managing client budgets.
- Responsible for troubleshooting technical issues including server and client interfacing technologies.
- Direct client contact in the collection of requirements and change management.
- Instrumental in the implementation of new website building technologies dramatically increasing efficiency, cost and client satisfaction.
- Responsible for the design and editing of major client projects with budgets of up to $80,000 per website.
November 2006 - July 2007
TRAVEL PROJECT MANAGER
- Efficient multitasking with a large portfolio of live projects.
- Tracking project hours under billable time system.
- Developed an excellent understanding of the clients needs and business environment.
- Proactively offering the best solutions to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Created a positive team environment both internally and externally and work effectively with all support areas of Maritz Travel Company.
- Developed a wide range of skills including client presentations, creative proposal development, extensive hotel and DMC negotiations, accurately costing programs, using proprietary computer software, conducted site inspections, developing and managing timelines, meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects. Attended program operations and site inspections.
- Demonstrated a drive and determination to study every day to increase knowledge and understanding of the products and services that Maritz offers together with a desire to understand the business environment of the customer.
- Live training sessions and online training courses including Sales, Leadership, Negotiation and Management courses.
- Successfully completed Level 1 Maritz Solution Certification .
- Rated Exemplary in 2006 Performance Evaluation by Director in the following areas;
- Demonstrates personal accountability to get the job done
- Exhibits high personal standards of performance
- Conducts self and business with utmost integrity
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, focusing on important priorities necessary to achieve results
- Creates fun and excitement for our clients and our people
- Brings positive energy to all situations
- Brings out the best in people
- Finds ways to creatively celebrate success
Moved to the USA and awaiting work permit
November 2004 - October 2005
Surrey County Arts
October 2003 - October 2004
Surrey County Arts peripatetic school based trainer. Acted as advisor and trainer for a number of schools falling within the Surrey County area.
Holland America Cruise Line
August 1999 - August 2003
MUSICIAN, SHORE EXCURSION COORDINATOR, ART AUCTIONEER ASSISTANT
4 years travel and entertainment experience on cruise line with various professional responsibilities which included: musician and pianist working with stars of Broadway, the West End Stage and the Silver Screen. Voluntary Shore Excursion Coordinator managing all details and operations of cruise line tours and activities. Voluntary Art Auctioneer Assistant with responsibilities that included creative art displays, overseeing auction bids, maintaining accurate records in specialized software system and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Extensive destination knowledge gained by visiting over 250 destinations in 100 counties and 7 continents.
- Promoted to Musical Director after 3 years with company with responsibilities managing shipboard music department.
- Strong customer service skills gained by managing shore excursion hospitality desk and insuring passenger satisfaction.
- Lead Shore Excursion Specialist overseeing training of new tour and activity crew members.
- Selected to be a crew member for the prestigious 2003 “Grand World Voyage” based on outstanding work performance, excellent customer service skills and ability to represent the company at the highest level to its prestigious world cruise passengers.
Thorpe House Prep School, Buckinghamshire England
September 1997 - September 1999
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
- Developed the ability to work in a supervisory capacity being directly responsible for members of department.
- Introduced technology into the music curriculum by equipping classrooms with keyboards and computer and devising new work schemes which made use of new technology
- Pursued new learning tools to enhance educational programs.
- Integrated technology across the curriculum providing additional classroom resources and enabling hands-on use of computer equipment.
- Devised and implemented cross-curricular units to link Math, English and History concepts.
- Utilized varied teaching techniques to meet the needs of visual, kinesthetic and auditory learners for all subject areas.
- Created department budget reports.
- Developed Senior Management meetings to ensure department stayed in line with school objectives and philosophy.
- Trained school staff on the use of computers.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Thames Police Special Constabulary
February 1993 - November 1996
Furze Platt School, School Teacher (11-18yrs)
September 1991 - August 1995
Maidenhead, Berkshire, England, UK
HOBBIES AND SPARE TIME ACTIVITES
- Member of Mensa, Chess
- Performing Solo & Ensemble Jazz Piano